Current Volunteer Opportunities
Last updated 2021-07-22
|SHARE YOUR STORY
Your story can make a difference. Whether it's affordable birth control or the right to safe and legal abortion, tell us why these services matter to you.
We like to uplift a broad range of stories and perspectives to help show lawmakers, the media, and supporters just what we're fighting and advocating for.
COMPLETE THE SHARE YOUR STORY FORM HERE
We have already heard from volunteer story-tellers throughout our service region whose willingness to share their experience is really inspiring!
|JOIN A PLANNED PARENTHOOD-AFFILIATED CAMPUS CLUB!
Join a Gen Action club on your campus! Several of the Planned Parenthood-affiliated clubs, called Gen Action clubs, are recruiting new members and leaders. Use the links below to be connected with the leaders for the clubs at any of the below schools.
|WRITE A LOVE NOTE TO YOUR LOCAL PP STAFF
||Have some words of encouragement or gratitude for PPMM staff? We can help relay the message! Just share your love note USING THIS LINK, then we'll make sure to share the message with the staff.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION - RESOURCES AND LINKS TO LEARN AND TAKE ACTION
Read I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder. via the NY Times, an op-ed from Alexis McGill Johnson, the president and chief executive of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. We must reckon with Margaret Sanger’s association with white supremacist groups and eugenics, and we hope our volunteers and supporters join us in this work.
Alexis McGill Johnson called for us to lend more support to intersecting issues, especially to organizations led by and focusing on issues that impact Black women and other women of color as well as trans and nonbinary people. Here are some resources to get started:
- Learn more about reproductive rustice from the largest national multi-ethnic reproductive justice organization, SisterSong.
- Support the Transgender Law Center, the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people, and Familia: Trans Queer Liberation Movement, which works at local and national levels to achieve the collective liberation of trans, queer, and gender nonconforming Latinxs.
- Support the Movement for Black Lives by getting involved in their actions and events, and checking out their resources guides and policy info.
- Support Black Voters Matter and increase power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities: Support the voter registration efforts of Black Voters Matter and their Capacity Building Institute to help provide training and support for community based organizations.
- Join Rachel Cargle’s The Great Unlearn for resources and classes to re-examine our history and present.
- The Obama Foundation provides a comprehensive list of resources to get informed, take action, get engaged, and stand together. Check them out here.
- Learn more about Reproductive Justice from the largest national multi-ethnic Reproductive Justice organization, SisterSong.
- Go to this History of Racial Injustice calendar to learn more about the history and scope of oppression and racism.
- Check out TIME’S UP Guide to Equity and Inclusion During a Crisis
- Read: 10 Steps to Non-Optical Allyship via Mireille Charper, Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come? via the ACLU, 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice via Medium, and The Black Women Who Paved the Way for This Moment via The Atlantic
- Watch: 13th (Netflix, 2016), an incredible documentary by Ava Duvernay that explores the intersection of race, justice, and mass incarceration in the United States.